What are the event policies?
All of the following policies apply to all guests attending the event.
ANIMALS: Animals or pets are prohibited in City Hall except for trained service animals and service animals in training for guests with disabilities. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times next to their individual with a disability. A guest whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other guests and employees may be asked to escort the animal off the premises. Please keep in mind that the volume level of the lunch/afternoon music may cause discomfort to animals.
BAGS/BACKPACKS/LARGE BAGS: Please note, all bags and backpacks are subject to search at the entrance of the venue. We request guests leave large bags, suitcases and duffel bags at home/in their vehicle.
CODE OF CONDUCT: The Los Angeles Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable networking/learning experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where:
• Guests will be treated in a courteous manner.
• Guests will enjoy event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
• Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to engage in such behavior will be asked to leave the venue.
• Guests will not smoke in the venue at any time, including electric cigarettes, pipes, portable vaporizers and vape pens.
• Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
• Guests will help create a comfortable environment by reporting inappropriate behavior.
• Guests will be able to communicate with Los Angeles City Hall security if assistance is needed in dealing with an unruly individual, a cleanup in their workshop room or any issue and/or concerns that a guest may feel the need to report.
FOOD & BEVERAGES: Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into City Hall. Guests must dispose of all opened bottles, cans, or cups before entering the venue. Venue staff will not check-in or store any bags, coolers, and/or food or beverage items.
PROHIBITED ITEMS: The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited in the venue and is subject to change. Such items include:
• Weapons ( including permitted weapons) knives, chains, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks.
• Food, beverage, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, drugs, illegal substances.
• Pamphlets, product samples, signs/flags/banners/posters.
• Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, or beach balls.
• Laser pointers.
• Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint.
• Noise making devices: air horns, drums.
• Flash photography and professional still camera and/or professional video recording equipment, including cameras with detachable lenses longer than 2", and any form of camera stand, monopod, or tripod, are prohibited. Please note that professional photos will occur during the event as hired by the Congress of Neighborhoods Planning Committee who are exempt from this policy. Hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices (i.e., selfie sticks) are also prohibited.
• Suitcases and or luggage.
RE-ENTRY: Congress of Neighborhoods has a "Re-Entry" policy for all events. Guests who leave the venue for any reason may re-enter on the South side of City Hall on Main St. (between Temple St. & 1st St) and go through security while following regular check-in procedures.
SECURITY SCREENING: For safety purposes, all guests entering Los Angeles City Hall will be checked for items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or prohibited items. Any guest who declines to be checked may be denied entry to the venue.
NO SMOKING POLICY: There is no smoking of any kind allowed in City Hall; including cigarettes, pipes, electric cigarettes, portable vaporizers, and vape pens.
WEAPONS: No weapons of any kind, including permitted weapons, are allowed in the venue.